Re: [Custom Elements] Not requiring hyphens in names.

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 11:12 AM, /#!/JoePea <trusktr@gmail.com> wrote:
> I personally don't like this limitation. I think Custom Elements would
> <we> <want>, with the possible exception that we can't override the
> native elements.

This would prevent us from ever adding any new elements to the
language, or at least require us to do real-world usage checks and
avoid names that would break too many pages if we took it over.
Requiring a dash is a minimal cost to element authors, and permanently
avoids any clashes.

This is similar to CSS requiring custom properties to start with a
double-dash, like --foo.

~TJ