App-to-App interaction APIs - one more time, with feeling

From: Daniel Buchner <dabuchne@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 16:33:54 +0000
To: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
Hey WebAppers,

Just ran into this dragon for the 1,326th time, so thought I would do a write-up to rekindle discussion on this important area of developer need the platform currently fails to address: http://www.backalleycoder.com/2015/10/13/app-to-app-interaction-apis/. We have existing APIs/specs that get relatively close, and my first instinct would be to leverage those and extend their capabilities to cover the broader family of use-cases highlighted in the post.

I welcome your ideas, feedback, and commentary,

- Daniel