Re: [charter] Request for Comments; deadline Sept 10

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the feedback!

I filed <https://github.com/w3c/charter-html/issues/116> to record your
comments regarding the draft charter. A pull request - especially for
the the editorial comments (such as typos, missing links, etc.) - would
be welcome.

Below I reply to a few of your comments.

-Thanks, ArtB

On 8/28/15 10:09 AM, timeless wrote:
> Art wrote:
>> The proposal to merge the WebApps WG and the HTML WG has started a formal
>> review period that ends September 10:
>>
>>    <http://w3c.github.io/charter-html/group-charter.html>
>> IRC: active participants, particularly editors, regularly use the #webapps W3C IRC channel
> is this channel intentionally inherited? I like it because it's shorter, but...

My initial expectation is the #webapps and #html-wg channels will
continue to exist, even if just for the sake of taking meeting minutes.
At the same time, there could be some advantages to just using one new
channel. Regardless, for the purposes of the charter, perhaps it should
be silent on any specific channel(s), i.e. the text should be something
like:

[[
IRC: active participants, particularly editors, group staff and chairs,
regularly use the group's IRC channel(s).
]]

>> (This Group is expected to combine into an all-guidelines group in 2016 2Q).
> I don't understand this.

I think this is meant to be a placeholder because there is an
expectation the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group will
be reorganized/restructured into some new group. Assuming the referenced
document would be updated accordingly if/when the group's reorg is done,
I think it would be ok to delete this sentence.

>> The Group may use mailing lists. Subscription to these lists is open to the public, subject to W3C norms of behavior.
> Member/IE seem to be forced to subscribe to an ML (at their designated
> email address) which may be harmful to their mailbox's health. Is it
> possible to arrange for the official ML used for such mandatory joins
> be an unused ML and that all communications be done on other public
> lists instead of the one that people are forced to join?
> (Alternatively, could someone please fix this?)

Sorry, but I don't quite understand what you are after so if this
important, please followup via
<https://github.com/w3c/charter-html/issues/116> or file a new issue.