Re: PSA: publish WD of "WebIDL Level 1"

On 8/4/15 2:21 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 7:29 AM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> This is heads-up re the intent to publish a Working Draft of "WebIDL Level
>> 1" (on or around August 4) using Yves' document as the basis and a new
>> "shortname" of "WebIDL-1":
>>
>> <https://ylafon.github.io/webidl/publications/fpwd-20150730.html>
>>
>> There is an open question about what should happen with TR/WebIDL/ (which
>> now is the 2012 Candidate Recommendation). One option is to serve it as
>> WebIDL-1. Another option is to replace it with the latest version of
>> Cameron's Editor's Draft. A third option is to make it some type of "landing
>> page" the user can use to load the various versions. Feedback on these
>> options is welcome and the default (if there are no non-resolvable issues)
>> is to go with option #2 (Yves' preference).
> The CSSWG always points the non-leveled url to the latest spec.

This is also what PLH recommended be done and that seems reasonable to
me. Thus:

TR/WebIDL/ -> TR/WebIDL-2/
TR/WebIDL-1/
TR/WebIDL-2/

The L2 version (by Cameron and Boris [L2]) has not been published as a
TR and if there no objections to proceeding as above, I will start
working on making this all happen.

-Thanks, AB

[L2] <http://heycam.github.io/webidl/>