Re: [shadow-dom] ::before/after on shadow hosts

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 12:08 AM, Hayato Ito <hayato@chromium.org> wrote:

> > ::before and ::after are basically *siblings* of the shadow host,
>
> That's not a correct sentence. ::before and ::after shouldn't be a
> siblings of the shadow host.
> I just wanted to say that #2 is the desired behavior.

Indeed they're children, immediately before and immediately after the
composed children of an element.

fwiw this is also how it must work to prevent breaking the web or
implementing special cases. <input> (and <textarea>) has a ShadowRoot and
input::before and input::after are both common ways to add decorations to
input elements. I broke this once in WebKit and we found all that content.

- E