Re: Clipboard API: remove dangerous formats from mandatory data types

From: Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 15:16:56 +0200
To: Wez <wez@google.com>
Cc: Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen <hsteen@mozilla.com>, Daniel Cheng <dcheng@google.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 3:13 PM, Wez <wez@google.com> wrote:

> I think there's obvious value in support for arbitrary content-specific
> formats, but IMO the spec should at least give guidance on how to present
> the capability in a safe way.

Which is exactly the core of my question. If you intend to make it say,
safe to put OpenEXR into the clipboard (as opposed to letting an app just
put any bytes there), the UA has to understand OpenEXR. Since I don't see
how the UA can understand every conceivable format in existence both future
and past, I don't see how that should work.