Re: oldNode.replaceWith(...collection) edge case

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 16:15:55 +0200
To: Glen Huang <curvedmark@gmail.com>
Cc: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 2:18 AM, Glen Huang <curvedmark@gmail.com> wrote:
> This algorithm shouldn’t slow normal operations down, and I wonder if the spec could use an algorithm like this and not using document fragment.

I looked at this again and we do want to use a DocumentFragment.
Otherwise mutation observers get messy. But I guess we could store
offset parent and next sibling either way. I filed

  https://github.com/whatwg/dom/issues/32

to tackle this. These algorithms could use some cleaning up in general.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/