Re: Inheritance Model for Shadow DOM Revisited

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 11:35 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com> wrote:
> To start off, I can think of three major ways by which subclass wants to interact with its superclass:
> 1. Replace what superclass shows entirely by its own content - e.g. grab the device context and draw everything by yourself.

So this requires either replacing or removing superclass' ShadowRoot.

> 2. Override parts of superclass' content - e.g. subclass overrides virtual functions superclass provided to draw parts of the component/view.

This is where you directly access superclass' ShadowRoot I assume and
modify things?

> 3. Fill "holes" superclass provided - e.g. subclass implements abstract virtual functions superclass defined to delegate the work.

This is the part that looks like it might interact with distribution, no?

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/