Re: Imperative API for Node Distribution in Shadow DOM (Revisited)

From: Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 22:15:30 -0700
Cc: Domenic Denicola <d@domenic.me>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, Justin Fagnani <justinfagnani@google.com>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Erik Bryn <erik@erikbryn.com>, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>, Edward O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com>, Steve Orvell <sorvell@google.com>
To: Hayato Ito <hayato@chromium.org>

> On Apr 30, 2015, at 9:01 PM, Hayato Ito <hayato@chromium.org> wrote:
>
> Thanks, however, we're talking about https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2015AprJun/0442.html.

Ah, I think there was some miscommunication there. I don't think anyone is claiming that the current spec results in interop issues. The currently spec'ed timing is only problematic when we try to invoke an author-defined callback at that moment. If we never added an imperative API or an imperative API we add don't invoke user code at the currently spec'ed timing, we don't have any interop problem.

- R. Niwa