RE: Directory Upload Proposal

From: Ali Alabbas <alia@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 23:21:18 +0000
To: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Ryan Seddon <seddon.ryan@gmail.com>
CC: Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 4:15 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 3:53 PM, Ryan Seddon <seddon.ryan@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> To enable developers to build future interoperable solutions, we've
>>> drafted a proposal [4], with the helpful feedback of Mozilla and
>>> Google, that focuses strictly on providing the mechanisms necessary
>>> to enable directory uploads.
>>
>> The use of the dir attribute seems odd since I can already apply dir="rtl"
>> to an input to change the text direction.
>
>Good catch; that's a fatal naming clash, and needs to be corrected.
>The obvious one is to just expand out the name to "directory".
>
>~TJ

Aaron opened an issue for this on GitHub [1] and I agree that it is a problem and we should definitely rename it to something else! One option might be to change dir to directory, but we would need a different name for directory (the attribute that gets back the virtual root holding the selected files and folders).

[1] https://github.com/InternetExplorer/directory-upload/issues/1