[selectors-api] How to mark TR version as obsolete/superseded? [Was: Re: Obsolete Document]

On 3/26/15 8:30 AM, Gulfaraz Yasin wrote:
> Hi
>
> It has come to my notice that the following document
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/selectors-api/#resolving-namespaces
>
> is obsolete.

Hi Gulfaraz,

Thanks for your e-mail and sorry for the slow reply.

> I was directed to it's page from one of StackOverflow's answers and
> after following up a bit I've been informed that the above document is
> obsolete.

Yes, this is true.

> It would be very helpful if there was a notice on the page that
> informed it's visitors of the same.

Yes, I agree. I think the "principle of least surprise" implies the
document at w3.org/TR/selectors-api/ should be gutted of all technical
content and a reference to the DOM spec [DOM] (which supersede Selectors
API) should be added (as well as a clear statement work on selectors-api
has stopped and its features/APIs are superseded by [DOM]). However, I
suspect the consortium's publication processes might not permit that.

Xiaoqian, Yves - can we do as I suggest above? If not, what is your
recommendation re making sure people understand work on selectors-api
has stopped and it is superseded by [DOM]?

-Thanks, AB

[DOM] http://www.w3.org/TR/dom/