Re: Why is querySelector much slower?

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 11:13 PM, Glen Huang <curvedmark@gmail.com> wrote:

> On second thought, if the list returned by getElementsByClass() is lazy
> populated as Boris says, it shouldn't be a problem. The list is only
> updated when you access that list again.

The invalidation is what makes your code slower. Specifically any time you
mutate the tree, and you have live node lists, we traverse ancestors to
mark them as needing to be updated.

Blink (and likely other browsers) will eventually garbage collect the
LiveNodeList and then your DOM mutations will get faster again.