Re: Imperative API for Node Distribution in Shadow DOM (Revisited)

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 09:28:57 -0700
To: Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com>
Cc: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Erik Bryn <erik@erikbryn.com>, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>
On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 12:17 AM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com> wrote:
> In today's F2F, I've got an action item to come up with a concrete workable
> proposal for imperative API.  I had a great chat about this afterwards with
> various people who attended F2F and here's a summary.  I'll continue to work
> with Dimitri & Erik to work out details in the coming months (our deadline
> is July 13th).
>
> https://gist.github.com/rniwa/2f14588926e1a11c65d3

I thought we came up with something somewhat simpler that didn't
require adding an event or adding remove() for that matter:

  https://gist.github.com/annevk/e9e61801fcfb251389ef

I added an example there that shows how you could implement <content
select>, it's rather trivial with the matches() API. I think you can
derive any other use case easily from that example, though I'm willing
to help guide people through others if it is unclear. I guess we might
still want positional insertion as a convenience though the above
seems to be all you need primitive-wise.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/