Re: Proposal for changes to manage Shadow DOM content distribution

> On Apr 24, 2015, at 2:23 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 5:04 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com> wrote:
>> I find it decidedly relevant given I'm pointing out that attribute-specified
>> slots Domenic mentioned isn't what you described.  Since the only venue in
>> which attribute-specified slots came up are [1], [2], and [3].  We're
>> DEFINITELY NOT interested in filling slots based on values of arbitrary
>> attributes.
>>
>> [1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2015AprJun/0188.html
>> [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2015AprJun/0190.html
>> [3] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2015AprJun/0195.html
>
> Apologies, I'd misread [1] and didn't realize it really was talking
> about projecting the value of an attribute into the content of a slot.
>
> (Though I'm confused by the vehemence of your denial here, given that
> in [2] you said you "could imagine that such a feature could be easily
> added".)

What I meant is that we don't want a declarative syntax to filling a slot based with elements based on attribute values of those elements.  I'm less concerned about distributing the value of an attribute to a slot based on its attribute name.

Regardless, all of this is moot for foreseeable future given we just reached a consensus to focus on an imperative API for v1 on today's F2F.

- R. Niwa