RE: Proposal for changes to manage Shadow DOM content distribution

From: Domenic Denicola <d@domenic.me>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 06:08:23 +0000
To: Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com>, Justin Fagnani <justinfagnani@google.com>
CC: Daniel Freedman <dfreedm@google.com>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Edward O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com>, Jan Miksovsky <jan@component.kitchen>
From: Ryosuke Niwa [mailto:rniwa@apple.com]

> At the conceptual level, they're equivalent.  However, we didn't find the extra flexibility of using CSS selectors compelling as we mentioned in our proposal [1].

<details> is such an example, I think? Is the following a correct example of what client code would have to look like for <details>, under the proposal?

<details>
</details>

or, if you wanted to avoid the wrapper div,

<details>
</details>

It's interesting that none of the components surveyed used the <details> pattern...