Re: PSA: Seeking feedback on W3C's "Modern Tooling" project

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 15:41:12 +0200
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On 14 April 2015 at 14:29, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com> wrote:

> [Bcc public-openw3c ]
>
> Hi All,
>
> In case you missed it, last February, Robin, Philippe and others (see [1]
> for a list of contributors) started a project to "capture the state of the
> discussion about modernising the tooling that supports the making of W3C
> standards".
>
> The working document is <http://w3c.github.io/modern-tooling/> and the
> repository is <https://github.com/w3c/modern-tooling>.
>
> This is an important effort so if you have feedback, please use the
> project's Issues system <https://github.com/w3c/modern-tooling/issues> or
> submit a Pull Request <https://github.com/w3c/modern-tooling/pulls>.

I'm currently using a nice tool to document my projects:

https://github.com/csarven/linked-research

I mention it here because it has a variety of style sheets.  It can be a
regular blog post, a W3C base/draft/rec specification, or an academic paper
by clicking the menu at the top right.

It doesnt require external tooling.  Going from zero I was able to get a
skeleton up in about 30 minutes.

I find it useful for knocking out a quick brain dump, which could later
become the basis of brain storming, or specifications.