Re: Are web components *seriously* not namespaced?

From: Elliott Sprehn <esprehn@chromium.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 11:28:25 -0700
To: Rahly <hungry.rahly@gmail.com>
Cc: Kurt Cagle <kurt.cagle@gmail.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 9:04 AM, Rahly <hungry.rahly@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 4:12 PM, Kurt Cagle <kurt.cagle@gmail.com> wrote:

> As a component designer, I'd like the ability to develop with a single
> <panel> instead of <my-really-long-hopefully-not-conflicting-panel>.

You don't really need something quite this long, a 2-3 character prefix is
probably more than enough for most projects and libraries. You might use
<kcl-panel> if you're making reusable components, or a two letter code for
your project if you're not, like "cal-" for calendar application widgets.

Since you must have a dash in the name anyway this isn't much overhead
either.

- E