Re: What I am missing

So there is no way for an unsigned script to exploit security holes in a
signed script?

Funny you mention crypto currencies as an idea to get inspiration
from..."Trust but verify" is detached from that... a browser can monitor
what the signed scripts are doing and if it detects a potentially malicious
pattern it can halt the execution of the script and let the user decide if
they want to continue...