Re: New approach to activities/intents

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 12:28 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
wrote:

> I still don't see how exposing an API via MessagePorts is in any way
> better than exposing an API via WebIDL. Can you describe with concrete
> examples how this makes life better for implementors or authors? I've read
> your presentation but I did not see the answer there.
>
> Furthermore I don't see any necessary connection between MessagePorts vs
> WebIDL and the issues around rapidly bringing experimental APIs to the Web.
> Are you claiming that it's quicker and easier to add MesagePort-based APIs
> to browsers than using WebIDL?

I would like to state explicitly that as of
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2014OctDec/0376.html, I
withdraw the proposal of Tubes as the exact solution to the problem in lieu
of the need to first formulate a decent problem statement -- in the form of
the criteria I proposed.

:DG<