Re: [Imports]: Styleshet cascading order clarification

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 10:12:27 -0800
To: Gabor Krizsanits <gkrizsanits@mozilla.com>
Cc: Hajime Morrita <morrita@google.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 7:28 AM, Gabor  Krizsanits
<gkrizsanits@mozilla.com> wrote:
> During our last meeting we all seemed to agree on that defining/implementing
> order for style-sheets is imports is super hard (if possible) and will bring more
> pain than it's worth for the web (aka. let's not make an already over-complicated
> system twice as complicated for very little benefits). And the consensus was that we
> should just not allow global styles in imports.
>
> Some months has passed but I still don't see any update on the spec. in this regard,
> so I'm just double checking that we still planning to do this or if anything changed
> since then.

Out of curiosity, why is it hard?  Without much background in the
implementation matters, it doesn't seem that a <link rel=import> that
contains a <link rel=stylesheet> should be any different than a <link
rel=stylesheet> that contains an @import rule.

~TJ