Re: Push API change for permissions UX

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 20:23:31 -0700
To: John Mellor <johnme@google.com>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On 22 October 2014 11:02, John Mellor <johnme@google.com> wrote:
> a restricted form of push where each push event fired on the SW must trigger
> user-visible UI.

How would that work? Is the idea that there would be a default
notification that the SW could alter the contents of (perhaps), but
not prevent or indefinitely delay?

I'm not convinced of the virtue of something like that.  It attaches a
specific kind of penalty to the use of push that might discourage its
use, but I'm not sure that it creates the right sort of disincentive.

I tend to agree with Jonas' view on the separation of the two
permissions; this suggests a very particular coupling that seems a
little unnatural.  Can you expand on the reasoning behind the
decision?