RE: [Push] one or many

From: SULLIVAN, BRYAN L <bs3131@att.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 20:10:54 +0000
To: "'Michael van Ouwerkerk'" <mvanouwerkerk@google.com>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
CC: Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>, "public-webapps@w3c.org" <public-webapps@w3c.org>
This is one of those semantics rabbit-holes that I request we avoid. The term webapp is well-known (>5m hits on google in the common forms “webapp” “web app”, etc).
In comparison, “web page” is probably a more amorphous and anachronistic term and provides less valuable context for the user/developer of specs. The web is a distributed application framework. In “modern” terms it serves apps that are implemented using web tech (the essential meaning of “webapp”).

Thanks,
Bryan Sullivan | Service Standards | AT&T