Re: CfC: publish LCWD of Screen Orientation API; deadline September 18

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 16:18:56 -0700
To: Chaals from Yandex <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
Cc: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>, Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr>, Webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 3:34 PM,  <chaals@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
>> That said, it is theoretically possible. But that seems to be true for
>> *any* normative change of a spec.
>
> Right. That's why normative changes require returning to Last Call. :(

My understanding is that W3C policy is that LC is only required for
large enough changes. Hence they clearly believe that not all
normative changes require a new patent review. I would think this is
such a case.

Of course, reasonable people might disagree. Or feel that the W3C
policy is foolish or naive.

/ Jonas