Re: CfC: publish LCWD of Screen Orientation API; deadline September 18

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 00:18:28 -0700
To: Chaals from Yandex <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
Cc: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>, Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr>, Webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 2:28 PM,  <chaals@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
> So the question turns on whether the changes would invalidate a patent review, and my quick guess is that the answer is "yes" ;(

Really? I would have made the opposite conclusion. Changing the event
source makes a very small difference in behavior. I would greatly
surprise me if it affected the applicability of a given patent.

That said, it is theoretically possible. But that seems to be true for
*any* normative change of a spec.

/ Jonas