Re: Service worker popup (rich notification)

Notifications tend to be relatively unobtrusive and sit in a UA/OS-specific
notification tray, usually in a corner of the screen; what we're talking
about here (at least on mobile) would be launching a maximised (or possibly
fullscreen) browser window on top of whatever the user is currently doing.

This seems to either require a somewhat stronger trust signal from the
user, or a very easy mechanism for revoking the permission if the website
does spam you; and probably in either case showing the url bar should be
compulsory to prevent phishing. But this isn't something we've thought
about deeply yet.