Re: [clipboard] Semi-Trusted Events Alternative

On 9/13/14, 1:58 PM, "Hallvord R. M. Steen" <hsteen@mozilla.com> wrote:

> * copy/cut: we allow writing to the clipboard when copy/cut events are
>triggered from trusted UI, and when document.execCommand('copy') and
>document.execCommand('cut') are called from any JS thread that would be
>allowed to open a popup (i.e. generally in response to user interaction)

So does this mean that any page that can pop up a window today will be
able to put stuff on my system clipboard? As popup blockers in the various
browsers are pretty ineffectual (sorry browser authors), this concerns me,
I really donšt want a browser putting anything on my clipboard unless I
explicitly tell it to, and moving the mouse on a page or clicking anywhere
on a page (both things Išve seen trigger popups) isnšt me being explicit.

Brian