XMLHttpRequest. Support for "OPTIONS *" method.

From: Валерий Котов <kotov.valery@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 21:32:19 +0300
To: public-webapps@w3.org
Cc: annevk@annevk.nl
Greetings everybody!

My name is Valery. I'm currently working on adding support for "OPTION"
http request method for XMLHttpRequest class inside Qt framework.
According to RFC (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2616#page-52) request uri
can contian asterisk ("*"). Please see quotation from RFC below.
"If the Request-URI is an asterisk ("*"), the OPTIONS request is intended
to apply to the server in general rather than to a specific resource."

Normally, to send http request the code should be like the following.
var req = new XMLHttpRequest();
req.open("OPTIONS", url);
req.send(null);

I had a look at http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/ and
http://www.w3.org/TR/XMLHttpRequest/ documents. Unfortunately, I can't find
any mention about sending "OPTIONS *" request by using XMLHttpRequest class.

Could you please tell if it is possible to send "OPTIONS *" http request by
using XMLHttpRequest class? Could you please tell which syntax should be
used to send "OPTIONS *" http request?

Thank you for your support!
--

Sincerely yours,