Re: Proposal for a Permissions API

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 10:18 PM, Marcos Caceres <marcos@marcosc.com> wrote:

> This sets up an unrealistic straw-man. Are there any real sites that would
> need to show all of the above all at the same time?

Let's say you're writing a video editor, you'd like:

   - To get access to the locations API so that you can geotag the videos
   - Get access to the notifications API so that you can inform the user
   when rendering has finished.
   - Get user media to capture material
   - Put a window in fullscreen (perhaps on a second monitor) or to view
   footage without other decorations

Of course it's a bit contrived, but it's an example of where we're steering
to. APIs don't stop being introduced as of today, and some years down the
road, I'm sure more APIs that require permissions will be introduced, which
increases the likelihood of moving such an example from the realm of
unlikely to pretty common.