Re: =[xhr]

Indeed, this will be easier to compile, read and debug than CPS but
likely slower and more memory-expensive.

Note that I am not involved in any DOM-related plans, just answering
questions from the original poster that had remained unanswered, based
on my personal experience rewriting synchronous code to make it
asynchronous and non-blocking.

Best regards,
 David

--