Re: [Streams API] Add load-using-streams functionality to XHR or only to Fetch API?

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 4:29 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 9:19 AM, Takeshi Yoshino <tyoshino@google.com>
> wrote:
> > We'd like to continue prototyping in Blink anyway to provide feedback to
> the
> > spec as browser developer's point of view, but if we're sure that we
> won't
> > add it to XHR, we want to stop the work on XHR (both spec and impl) at
> some
> > early stage after figuring out very basic issues and focus on the Fetch.
>
> I recommend putting all your energy on Fetch and Streams then. We can
> still add features to XMLHttpRequest if there's compelling reasons
> (e.g. we hit deployment issues with fetch()), but we should not put
> our focus there.

Thanks. I'd like to hear opinions from others too.

----

BTW, Anne, as the fetch() is planned to be available in non-ServiceWorker
scopes, could you please do either of:
a) discuss issues about fetch() at public-webapps@
b) add a link to https://github.com/slightlyoff/ServiceWorker/labels/fetch
in http://fetch.spec.whatwg.org/ as well as the link to public-webapps@

I guess you don't want to do (a). (b) is fine. Then, readers of
http://fetch.spec.whatwg.org/ can easily know that discussions about
fetch() are happening at the ServiceWorker issue tracker even if he/she is
not familiar with ServiceWorker, and join it if want.