Re: Blocking message passing for Workers

From: David Bruant <bruant.d@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 20:06:38 +0200
To: Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>, Brendan Eich <brendan@secure.meer.net>
CC: Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>, "adelespinasse@gmail.com" <adelespinasse@gmail.com>, public-webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
Le 12/08/2014 19:44, Domenic Denicola a écrit :
> Realizing the difference between these is important background to realizing why async + sugar cannot replace synchronous code. (Apologies if this was stating the obvious...)
Is replacing sync APIs a goal? It sure isn't mine.
My point is that from a purely technical perspective async is better as
it allows better reuse of process/threads. Historically async
programming has been hard to read/write. Things are getting better as
programming languages evolve (ES7) is all I'm saying.

David