Re: XMLHttpRequest: uppercasing method names

From: Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 11:15:32 -0400
To: Takeshi Yoshino <tyoshino@google.com>
Cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, public-webapps@w3.org
On Aug 12, 2014 11:12 AM, "Takeshi Yoshino" <tyoshino@google.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 10:55 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
wrote:

>> On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 3:37 PM, Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> > If there's no really good reason to change it, least change is better
IMO

>> All I can think of is that it would be somewhat more consistent to not
>> have this list and always uppercase,
>

> Ideally
>

>> but yeah, I guess I'll just align
>> fetch() with XMLHttpRequest.
>

> Isn't it an option that we use stricter rule (all uppercase) for the
newly-introduced fetch() API but keep the list for XHR? Aligning XHR and
fetch() is basically good but making fetch() inherit the whitelist is a
little sad.

XHR spec. http://src.chromium.org/viewvc/blink?view=revision&revision=176592
http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/13652/trunk/WebCore/xml/xmlhttprequest.cpp
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest/Overview.html.diff?r1=1.12;r2=1.13;f=h
> -- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/2006Apr/0124.html
> -- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/2006Apr/0126.html

fetch should explain magic in XMLHttpRequest et all.. I don't see how it
could differ in the way you are suggesting and match