Re: Proposal for a credential management API.

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 9:37 AM, Brian Smith <brian@briansmith.org> wrote:
> Web browsers with sandboxed child processes have the networking logic
> in the more-privileged parent process. The purpose of sandboxing is to
> protect against exploits in the child process. It would be useful for
> the process/privilege separation of sandboxing to be able to protect
> the values of passwords--even if it can't always protect the *use* of
> the passwords--even in the event of a compromised child process.

By the way, I don't know if any browsers do this, but AFAICT HttpOnly
cookies can be protected by such process separation in the same way,
and we should ensure that ServiceWorkers is defined and implemented in
a way that allows for such protection to (continue to) work.

Cheers,
Brian