Re: [clipboard] Semi-Trusted Events Alternative

On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 9:19 AM, Perry Smith <pedzsan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry if this is a lame question but I never understood the dangers of Copy and Paste that the web is trying to avoid.  Can someone explain that to me?

Its a point of data egress. You don't want sensitive information from
one program scraped and egressed by another.

The first program could be a browser and the second program could be
malware. In this case, the malware looks for data placed on the
clipboard by the browser (and hopes to get a username, password,
sensitive document, etc).

Or, it could be another program with the browser scraping the data and
hauling it off to a site.

Jeff