[editing] Visualizing the benefits of user intention information

From: Ben Peters <Ben.Peters@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 20:53:49 +0000
To: "public-editing-tf@w3.org" <public-editing-tf@w3.org>
CC: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
I have added a new section[1] to the Commands Explainer that helps visualize the way I see user intention information benefitting sites and frameworks. Please review this and let me know how I can improve these diagrams. The main point is "Ideally, sites should have a more direct way of understanding what a user is trying to do. Additionally, Accessibility Tools and other input modalities should be able to understand a user's intentions so they can list available behaviors and provide feedback to users about what has occurred."

Note that this is only one part of what I see as the goal of this discussion. The other is providing the building blocks to create a wide range of editors in JavaScript.

Ben

[1] http://w3c.github.io/editing-explainer/commands-explainer.html#visualizing-user-intentions