Re: File API: Blob URL origin

On Jun 30, 2014, at 4:20 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

> I don't really understand this. Entries should be added when a blob
> URL is created.

They are! That is, at the time the method URL.createObjectURL(blob) is called on blob, that method adds an entry to the Blob URL Store:
http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/FileAPI/#add-an-entry

I’ve only defined identifier extraction for use with adding an entry. Is that wrong?

> And should be checked/removed when a blob URL is used
> (through parsing it in the URL parser, as defined by the URL parser).

Yes, this is when URL parser *checks* the Blob URL Store, *after* entries have either been added or are not present (which generates a network error).

> There should be no need for such a definition in the File API specification.

Since adding scheme data as an identifer to the Blob URL Store is the requirement, we only use the basic URL parser to get the scheme data from a generated URL to add to the Blob URL Store.

— A*