[clipboard] Clipboard API Mandatory Data Types

From: Ben Peters <ben.peters@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 22:37:40 -0700
To: public-webapps@w3.org
The Clipboard API spec has a section on Mandatory Data Types [1]. It
says "The implementation must recognise the native OS clipboard format
description for the following data types", and contains a list of 14
mime types. Most of them have clear purposes, but a few seem arbitrary
to me. Since I haven't been around the group long enough to know all
the history, can someone help me clear these up?

text/uri-list :
This seems like a Windows specific data type. Does Mac or Linux have a
"OS clipboard format description" for this?

text/css, application/javascript, application/json :
What is the use case here? Why would there be code on the clipboard in
it's own format instead of just text/plain that happened to be code?

Separately, do we want to apply this to Drag and Drop as well?

Thanks!
Ben

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/clipboard-apis/#mandatory-data-types-1