PFWG request for abstract and introductions

From: Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 10:33:46 -0400
To: public-webapps@w3.org
CC: WAI Liaison <wai-liaison@w3.org>
The WAI Protocols and Formats Working Group has looked at a number of
specifications published by the Web Applications Working Group recently.
Our process is to note the publication of documents and take a quick
look to determine if they need a closer review. However, many of the
documents we have looked at recently have extremely brief abstracts, and
no introductions. This makes it very difficult for us to figure out the
nature of the specification, and in turn to determine what our interest
in it might be.

We request that you add more complete abstracts to the specifications,
to provide a high-level but more complete idea of what the specification
does. We also request that you add introduction sections to the
specifications, to explain what problem the technology solves and how
(in general terms) it addresses that. We think this will aid our own
review and will also greatly help other reviewers to make useful comments.

Michael Cooper
PFWG staff contact