Re: [manifest] Update and call for review

From: Ben Francis <bfrancis@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 14:25:25 +0100
To: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
As per our conversation in IRC, something else I'd like to highlight is the
fact that in the current version of the spec any web site can host an app
manifest for any web app. That means for example that I could create my own
app store for web apps and provide a listing for a GMail app which users
can add to their homescreen, without any involvement from Google.

It would be good to hear some opinions on whether it is a good thing or a
bad thing that manifests don't have to be served from the same origin as
the web app itself.