Re: contentEditable=minimal

From: Piotr Koszuliński <p.koszulinski@cksource.com>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 20:40:19 +0200
To: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
Cc: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Ben Peters <Ben.Peters@microsoft.com>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>

>  * Cursor navigation, including reacting to touch events, mouse clicks
>> and keyboard events. Cursor navigation would likely also fire
>> cancelable events.
>>

> Yes. Cursor navigation can be represented through selections (that may be
> collapsed). In general it is important that selection changes can be
> cancelled so that developers can carry out selection validation before
> accepting it.
>
> Making some things unselectable might also be useful. IE has unselectable,
> there's also -moz-user-select and friends. But this is small fries for
> later I'd reckon.

There are also nested non-editable islands. We built very important feature
based on them - http://ckeditor.com/demo#widgets. Currently we block their
selection by preventing mousedown and we handle left/right arrows. But
cancelling selectionchange would allow us to control more cases in a
cleaner way.

--
Piotrek Koszuliński
CKEditor JavaScript Lead Developer