Re: CommandEvent for user intentions

From: Julie Parent <jparent@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 12:09:33 -0700
To: Ben Peters <Ben.Peters@microsoft.com>
Cc: Johannes Wilm <johannes@fiduswriter.com>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
Have you seen the recent post about the rich text editor that Medium uses?
 It is a somewhat cheeky essay, including a mathematical proof, about how
contentEditable is broken.  The conclusion is that in order to move
forward, we need to treat contentEditable as an API, rather than as a
standalone component that tries to do everything itself.  It discusses the
idea of an "edit intent API", which is very in line with this proposal for
CommandEvents. https://medium.com/medium-eng/122d8a40e480