Re: CfC: to create a new developer's list for WebApps' specs; deadline May 28

From: Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 10:47:05 -0400
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, public-nextweb@w3.org
On May 21, 2014 10:29 AM, "Arthur Barstow" <art.barstow@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Developers seem to complain about us using mailing lists to
>> communicate rather than GitHub or some other centralized platform that
>> is not email. Might be worth checking with them first.
>

> Yes, good point Anne. I tweeted this Q with some tags that were intended
to extend the reach. If others would also reach out, I would appreciate it.

> I realize mail lists are a tool and there could be better ones to
reach/engage the developer audience.

> -Thanks, AB

+ public-nextweb...

I've kind of thought of Web Platform Docs as the developer end of things
and w3c specs for implementers and wgs - is it possible to set something up
under that banner? As a developer, i like the push orientation of mailing
lists too, but they suck for lots of other reasons too.