Re: Blob URL Origin

On May 12, 2014 5:29 AM, "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
> It still seems a bit sad though to tie these URLs to origins in this
> fashion. Jonas is correct that there are inconsistencies in how data
> URLs and origins behave across browsers, but it seems like we should
> sort those out first then if we want a consistent story.

I agree with this. But Adam's assessment of how long that will take to get
specced and implemented was in the order of year, not month. I share that
assessment.

I am also not at all convinced that I'd want blob: to behave like data:
even if I could. The solution for data: is likely to get messy.

The origin model for http has so far worked better for us I think.

/ Jonas