Re: Blob URL Origin

On May 12, 2014 7:33 AM, "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> On 5/12/14, 5:28 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>>
>> so blob:https://origin:42/uuid would be fine.
>

> I'd really rather we didn't make web pages parse these strings to get the
origin.  A static method on Blob that takes a valid blob: URI and returns
its origin seems like it should be pretty easy for UAs to implement, though.

(new URL(url)).origin should work, no?

But creating an even eased way to get the origin of a url might be good.
Though I don't think this is a specific problem to blob: URLs, so I
wouldn't create a solution that is specific to them.

Maybe a static URL.getOrigin(url).

/ Jonas