Re: Custom Elements: 'data-' attributes

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 7:19 PM, Wilson Page <wilsonpage@me.com> wrote:
> I'm unsure whether or not it is safe to use custom attributes without the
> 'data-', I've heard mixed opinions. How do we know that chosen attributes
> won't someday be global attributes?

Yeah, we should figure something out here. From one perspective you've
already namespaced your element by using a dash. However, given the
existence of an ever growing set of global attributes you probably do
not want to clash with those.

Maybe we should allow any attribute as long as it contains a dash (and
does not match a set of existing names)? Still seems somewhat
suboptimal.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/