Re: Progress on Push API

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 2:00 AM, EDUARDO FULLEA CARRERA <efc@tid.es> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Last week the Push API editors (AT&T, Telefónica) and other interested parties (Mozilla, Google) met to progress this specification. It was a very productive meeting in which great support was shown to this piece of work and consensus was reached around many topics under discussion. This is a summary of these points, which will be incorporated into a new editor's draft shortly. Of course feel free to provide any feedback:

Is the new API proposal drafts up anywhere as a complete API? Rather
than the "delta description" that's in this email?

One thing that I think would help the API would be to unify the
"initial registration" flow and the "you need to reregister since the
push server has lost track of your registration" flow. I.e. having a
single API which lets the page check "do I need to register now".

This would only be a syntax change on the API side, and wouldn't
affect the communication between the device and the push server at
all. The goal would be to make "push server has lost your
registration" less of a special-case, and make it more likely that
people handle it correctly.

/ Jonas