Re: [Gamepad] Liveness of Gamepad objects

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 3:27 PM, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think both semantics are workable. I'd likely prefer the gamepad state
> to be immutable from JS, because assigning state there is smelly.

Yes, there should be no way for user code to directly alter the value of
properties that represent the state of an entity in the physical world. A
firm capabilities limitation policy is used throughout the Johnny-Five
framework to enforce the immutability of such values (implemented as
get-only accessors).

Rick