Re: Separating Transclusion Mechanisms for Inheritance and Data Binding

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 2:36 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com> wrote:

> On Apr 22, 2014, at 10:46 AM, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@chromium.org>
> wrote:
>
> BTW, here's a jsbin that implements yield/transclude using existing Shadow
> DOM plumbing:
>
> http://jsbin.com/pacim/1/edit
>

> Thanks for an example.  That indeed polyfills the API we're proposing in
> terms of the currently spec'ed API.

Great!

> One important aspect of our proposal is to avoid having to rely on
> "shadowRoot" property on HTMLElement, which wouldn't exist in Type III
> encapsulation.

Note, that the access to element's shadowRoot happens from the element's
own implementation of a method.

If I were a developer of a framework that implements the idea you
suggested, I would do something like this:
http://jsbin.com/pacim/4/edit

> On Apr 22, 2014, at 11:06 AM, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@chromium.org>
> wrote:
>
> Here's a jsbin that uses the shadow-as-function syntax and does the same
> thing:
>
> http://jsbin.com/peqoz/2/edit
>

> This one doesn't quite work as intended in that the insertion points in
> MyCardElement's shadow DOM could grab nodes from the light DOM.

Help me understand what you mean here. Which nodes will these insertion
points grab? Would love an example.

:DG<