Re: Separating Transclusion Mechanisms for Inheritance and Data Binding

From: Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 14:36:59 -0700
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@chromium.org>
On Apr 22, 2014, at 10:46 AM, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@chromium.org> wrote:

> BTW, here's a jsbin that implements yield/transclude using existing Shadow DOM plumbing:
>
> http://jsbin.com/pacim/1/edit

Thanks for an example.  That indeed polyfills the API we're proposing in terms of the currently spec'ed API.

One important aspect of our proposal is to avoid having to rely on "shadowRoot" property on HTMLElement, which wouldn't exist in Type III encapsulation.

On Apr 22, 2014, at 11:06 AM, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@chromium.org> wrote:

> Here's a jsbin that uses the shadow-as-function syntax and does the same thing:
>
> http://jsbin.com/peqoz/2/edit

This one doesn't quite work as intended in that the insertion points in MyCardElement's shadow DOM could grab nodes from the light DOM.

- R. Niwa