Re: [April2014Meeting] Seeking status and plans from Editors not attending meeting; deadline April 9

On 4/4/2014 8:40 AM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> Re testing, are you and/or Scott going to submit tests? If not, is
> there someone else that can help/lead the testing effort?
I don't have any non-Mozilla-specific tests currently, and the
Mozilla-specific ones I have are not feasible to use cross-browser. If I
get the other spec work (and implementation work) out of the way I can
write some tests.

>> The only compelling thing I've seen mentioned that we should
>> address soon is the interaction with systems where the gamepad is also
>> used for controlling the browser UI, such as on consoles, which was
>> discussed recently on the list[2].
>
> By soon, do you mean in v1 or a subsequent version of the spec.

Given that it's still a vague idea I am fine with punting that to a
subsequent version of the spec.

>> There is one spec bug filed that I know describes an incompatibility
>> between the Chrome and Firefox implementations[3]. It's not terrible for
>> content authors to work around (if their code works in Chrome it will
>> work in Firefox), but we should tighten the spec language to make the
>> expected behavior there clear. I think that's the only thing that
>> absolutely needs doing before we could get to last call status.
>
> Given this, perhaps the "best" way forward is to address this high
> priority bug before a LCWD is published.

I agree. I'll keep this on my radar and try to get it done in the next
few weeks.

> I also think it would be helpful if new features and requirements
> beyond what is already specified were documented. As I mentioned to
> Vincent re PointerLock, such features can be documented in a wiki
> (such as [IDB-Features], Bugzilla, etc.
>
> (If you want to use a wiki for v.next tracking, I'm willing to
> bootstrap it.)
Having a wiki to document v.next work would be great, I know we have a
few things to put on there right away. If you can put up a skeleton page
I'd be happy to fill it out with what I see as topics for v.next.

-Ted